In order to strive for high performance, teams need to function with fluidity, working off of each other’s strengths and weaknesses. As Liz’s sports coach used to say, “You’re only as strong as your weakest link,” meaning we all have to pull together to be great! In team coaching, we help teams build camaraderie in order to grow to their next level of success.
To do this, we coach them to:
- Create shared goals and vision.
- Give support where needed.
- Give feedback effectively and receive it openly.
- Share opinions even when they are in conflict.
- Position people to utilize their strengths.
- Not punish people for their weaknesses.
- Take risk appropriately and fail fast if it doesn’t work.
The ability to be a good team player is not always innate. Many people have to learn how to function in their role in order to become a valuable asset to the group. Our team coaching will help diagnose the makeup of the team and will recommend adjustments where needed.
Team coaching can be for as little as 2 people, or up to 20. The size of the team does not matter since the principles are universal and can be scaled up or down as needed.